[PD-dev] API documentation

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Sun Jan 9 17:13:01 CET 2005

sorry for getting slightly off topic.

>>> and: nice working is better than nice looking :)
> Of course. But nice looking never hurt no one ;) or did it?:

of course it did. aesthetics sometimes has the tendency to shadow
functionality. think of the well known and beautiful philipe starck
lemon squeezer: it is a pain (or at least "messy") to use. that is not
what i call good design. a big deal of beauty lies in functionality,
too.

and concerning pd: all attempts of beautifying it did not contribute so
much to the pleasure of working with it as the interactive way of
working itself - thus functionality again - did.

> "America is like the pretty girl in High School who said 'everyone
> hates me because I'm pretty.' No, everyone hates you, because you're a
> jerk." -Laurie Anderson from "The End of the Moon"
>
> Sorry for the tangent.

hehe

martin