[PD-dev] connect pd to named jack servers

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Thu Jan 13 14:54:05 CET 2005

Hi there,

Recently jack is supporting running multiple, named instances of the
server and thus, theoretically, allowing for using in/outputs from
more than one sound card.  I found out that in order to use this
feature the clients must connect to a specific jack server, therefore
they should accept a jack server name argument or somesuch.

Apparently, the only known client supporting this feature is ardour
(CVS) and so I had not yet tried it.  Are there plans to include this
functionality in PD?  If so, any time soon?

./MiS