[PD-dev] Re: [PD] trying to make devel_0_38

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 20 14:59:08 CET 2005

Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>well, but i don't want to install the devel-version; i only need it
>>for testing (developing) purposes; the installed version should be
>>plain stable...
>
> well, due to the memory locking bugs in stable_ and the missing sse
> denormal handling, i wouldn't recommend to run stable_ atm
> i've posted the patches quite some time ago ... but the haven't been
> included in stable_

well, i don't want to be rude and i highly appreciate all the
memory/simd-stuff you are putting into pd but:
i prefer i version of pd that compiles, installs and loads correctly
even if it has some minor performance issues; i have never encountered
memory_locking bugs within pd myself (except for the famous hard freeze
of Gem when using "-rt" on linux; but this is a bug in nvidia's drivers
as i have found out)

>>and furthermore this does not explain, why the tk does not work (i had
>>the same problems)
>
> devel_ has changes in the initializing api. i implemented the feature of
> giving the font name as startup flag ...
> the problem is general is the way, pd starts the gui ... i haven't found
> a way to improve this, though ...

no, i was rather referring to not finding the installed header files.
(and then it took me quite some time to find out where i had to add the
additional includes without re-running configure)

mfg.lod.qwe
IOhannes