[PD-dev] Re: [PD] trying to make devel_0_38

carmen ix at replic.net
Thu Jan 20 18:00:30 CET 2005

> the thing that you reported this to me today, and the autobuild system
> is few monthes old, tells me that too little people are using devel_.
> and most devel_ users are on linux ...

my comments on trying to use devel_0_38 were hidden ina CVS message:

hi tim i tried to make tim_0_38 work properly for that windows volctl~ you asked about.. but patching to ix_0_38 , pd.ini won't load:
.   open: No such file or directory
.   No such file or directory
and toxy is broken and the gui spews errors like this a lot:
.   Pd: buffer space wasn't sufficient for long GUI string
so, you can try. :D it compiles at least..(and http://whats-your.name/pd/ix038.patch works fine with miller_0_39 (CVS HEAD))

also, it froze for several seconds when opening patches, which seemed strange (of course they never opened properly due to the half-drawn GUI...) however even wtih millers PA19-ASIO the audio worked...

> i even think that providing precompiled releases of devel_ from time to
> time would improve the user feedback ...

also, completely unrelated. if we've got to undo the midi revolution, why do the gui objects default to a 0-127 range, instead of 0.0-1.0 or something?