[PD-dev] Re: [PD] trying to make devel_0_38

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Jan 20 23:26:54 CET 2005

> btw, is there a possibility to check, whether page locking has been
> enabled by an application ?
hm ... good question ... the only way i know is the return value of
mlockall...

> definitely (and sadly) true.
> it seems, that you and thomas g. are the only ones.
well, maybe two or three more people ;-)
the problem is, that a difference in the api might result difficulties
for external developers ... some of my externals will only work with
devel, since they are using the fifo, idle-callback or simd/runtime
dispatching api...
also thomas's flext uses the timestap for garray graphic updates and the
idle callbacks (well, at least flext always compiles against stable)

> > i even think that providing precompiled releases of devel_ from time
> > to time would improve the user feedback ...
>
> depends; i tend to think that devel is meant for2 devel'opers.
> (but probably, stable is meant for horses)
yes and no ... devel_ is usually usable. there are only short times
every once in a while, that it won't compile or run. unlike development
branches of other projects devel_ is supposed to be usable ... of course
this isn't possible ...
this is why i think that both tagging "stable" versions of devel_
(something i haven't done, yet) and providing binaries definitely makes
sense...

good night ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783