[PD-dev] deprecating "edit-mode"

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Jan 27 14:31:16 CET 2005

hi carmen,

today's toxy (alpha15) handles megawidgets much better --
subwidgets are inactive in edit mode, Frames seem to work as well,
as Canvases.  To appear in cvs later today, once I validate
new cyclone stuff for a release.

However, widgets will never work perfectly in edit mode, unless
Pd has a callback mechanism, allowing objects to register to be
notified of mode changes.  Currently, toxy widgets (and
sub-widgets in alpha15) use a faked callback bound to <Enter> and
<Leave> events.

Krzysztof