[PD-dev] Buggy fft/soundfiler in 0_38 devel?

Bartlomiej Bazior fev at ckmedia.pl
Wed Feb 9 23:55:36 CET 2005

Hi,

  There seems to be some bug in 0_38 devel.
I get crash when using pvoc.pd form fft.examples directory.
It occurs when I turn on dsp, and try to load soundfiles.
This doesn't happen when pd is built without threaded
soundfiler, but then pvoc.pd doesn't produce any sound (well
actually there is some noise when I set MASTER LEVEL to around 160).
Standard help patches for fft~, ifft~, rfft~ and rifft~ behave normal.
Another thing. I've build pd with fftw support. I loaded
pvoc.pd and didn't get any crash (even with threaded soundfiler),
but the audio output was totally screwed (but in other way than
with "standard" fft).

I'm on windows. Pd was built from the sources I've downloaded
this weekend.

cheers,
Bart

--
Doesn't matter if I'm paranoid - they're still after me.