[PD-dev] Buggy fft/soundfiler in 0_38 devel?

Bartlomiej Bazior fev at ckmedia.pl
Thu Feb 10 00:54:01 CET 2005

Tim Blechmann :
>>  There seems to be some bug in 0_38 devel.
>>I get crash when using pvoc.pd form fft.examples directory.
>>It occurs when I turn on dsp, and try to load soundfiles.
>>This doesn't happen when pd is built without threaded
>>soundfiler, but then pvoc.pd doesn't produce any sound (well
>>actually there is some noise when I set MASTER LEVEL to around 160).
>>Standard help patches for fft~, ifft~, rfft~ and rifft~ behave normal.
>>Another thing. I've build pd with fftw support. I loaded
>>pvoc.pd and didn't get any crash (even with threaded soundfiler),
>>but the audio output was totally screwed (but in other way than
>>with "standard" fft).
>
> last weekend i figured out, that something is wrong with the fftw ...
> i'll look into this again ... but possibly i won't have a lot of time
> for that in feb...

Yeah ok. But what about "standard", mayer fft?
Just to be sure I have described the problem clearly (because I think
I haven't in the previous message):

pd_devel + threaded soundfiler + mayer fft = crash with pvoc.pd
pd_devel + "standard" soundfiler + mayer fft = no sound (more less) in
pvoc.pd, _no_crash_
pd_devel + threaded/"normal" soundfiler + fftw = _no_crash_ but weird
sound in pvoc.pd

cheers,
Bart

--
Doesn't matter if I'm paranoid - they're still after me.