[PD-dev] Buggy fft/soundfiler in 0_38 devel?

Bartlomiej Bazior fev at ckmedia.pl
Thu Feb 10 14:08:32 CET 2005

Tim Blechmann :

>>pd_devel + threaded soundfiler + fftw

Correction. In this configuration I also get crash (don't know why it
didn't happen yesterday - propably my mistake). Sorry for making
confusion.

> i just checked my mail archive ... thomas grill told me about this back
> in november ...
> i suppose, the dsp chain will be recompiled in the helper thread, thus
> the fftw setup routines will be run, which are not threadsafe (this is a
> guess)...
>
> i'm about 99.99% sure, that this can be solved, if the arrays will be
> redesigned properly...

Ok. So this "crash thing" can be somewhat resolved.
BTW. I don't know if it helps, but in 0_37 devel pvoc.pd works
fine with threaded soundiler.
As for the screwed sound in fft.examples patches it seems that it's
not fft (at least not mayer fft) fault actually. I suspect that line~
might be causing problems, but I have to investigate it further.

cheers,
Bart

--
Doesn't matter if I'm paranoid - they're still after me.