[PD-dev] compiling pool on OSX: unresolved symbols

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Feb 24 18:40:30 CET 2005

Hey all,

I realized my local copy of pool was unwittingly compiled with a dynamic
flext. Since I'm distributing it I would like to recompile with a static
flext.

I'm still a little shaky with the new flext build system.

I've cvs updated my flext and pool directories.

I've compiled and installed flext with:

bash build.sh mac pd gcc build-all-single
bash build.sh mac pd gcc install-all-single

then from the pool directory I have:

bash ../flext/build.sh mac pd gcc build-all-single

And I get pd-darwin/debug-single and pd-darwin/release-single

PD fails to load pool with:

dyld:
/Applications/PixelTANGO-CVS/PixelTANGO-CVS.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../bin/pd
Undefined symbols:

_ZN12flext_single10VersionStrEv.eh

To get a self-contained statically linked pool should I be using bash
../flext/build.sh mac pd gcc build-all-single or something else? I also
tried build-release-single with the same results.

I also tried recompiling flext with release-multi and same with pool. Now
I'm not getting unresolved symbols, but PD is quiting with "Pd: signal 4".

Whats going wrong?

Thanks all.