[PD-dev] Hacking numberbox to send value only on mouse up

Jan Baumgart raga.raga at gmx.de
Sun Feb 27 13:18:33 CET 2005

Hi Folks!

I'm currently writing an oldschool pattern-list sequencer pd patch, using
lots of numberboxes and the PDContainer external, eg.

measure quarter tick           values
   1       2     380      12   -234  23  2.5

everything works fine, except one thing: When changing the time of one
list entry via mouse movement, the list gets resorted on _every_ motion
and eventually the entry gets replaced by another one and I end up in a
complete "timeline" mess,

---HERE's THE ACTUAL QUESTION---

I'm looking for a way to change numbox or number2`s behaviour to only send
its value, when the mouse button is released. I'm not familiar with PDs
communication with the tk-GUI and the numbox-code seems quite confusing to
me :(. Is there any chance at all, for an external to react on mouse
_release_ ???

THX for any ideas on this.
happy coding,
jan.

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail