[PD-dev] adding new developers...

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Tue Mar 8 15:25:05 CET 2005

Hello,

May I   introduce myself or better why I want have developer status on some
subdirectories and some questions....

Since some years i was involved in some projects on the iem, where some tools
have been written and some libraries programmed. Some project finished, some
parts are use in other projects and develoipped further. We want some of the
features stay alive and better accessible for the community. I made some
patches to them and we put everything under LGPL and want to do some releases
to stabilize. Also new developers helping are welcomed. Which should I
contribute on sourceforge pure-data site,

XMLRPC Library: Makes pd a xmlrpc server

  I think on  written by thomas grill for the iaem project, which is very
usefull in pd interconnection and I think better than netsend and -receive in
cooperation with webservers or so.

 Missing: xmlrpc client objects (to be added in next 2 month)

virtual concert hall  - Complete Ambisonic Rendering lib with binaural patches

  a toolkit to build virtual rooms inclusive room simulation (reverb, etc) to
move sound sources in 3D-Space.
  missing key

iARS - PD as browser plugin and GEM functionality

  The browser plugin for mozilla on windows, linux (missing mac support)
  (Any helpers are welcomed)

So the questions:

 - is it possibble to be admin for some of the libfolder ?

 - is LGPL ok for this stuff ?

 - is it possible to make releases (being release manager) for some libs ?

 - where to put them

    I think the external should be under externals iem, except for iemlib
thomas musil does and some hannes stuff for historical reasons.

For iARS or so... should we invent a projects folder on sourceforge ?

mfg winfried ritsch

> > alright.
> >
> > since i am now cvs-admin, i'd like to add a new developer to the
> > pure-data.sf project: mr "ritsch"
> >
> > any objections ?
> >
> > and should we discuss such decisions here ?
> > i don't think that there can be much harm in adding new developers to
> > the greater honour of this project.... (esp. if such person is well
> > known to the community)
>
> yes, we should discuss this here. I think it is not too much overhead
> and it keeps people informed about what is going on in the CVS.
>
> Guenter
>
> > mfg.a.sdr
> > IOhannes

- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171
- PGP-ID 69617A69 (see keyserver http://wwwkeys.at.gpg.net/)