[PD-dev] adding new developers...

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Wed Mar 9 18:56:28 CET 2005

Hello,

> I don't think, being an admin only for some folders is possible, but I
> would very welcome you to be a "real admin". For the iem subsolder(s)
> we could just restrict write access a bit, if that is needed.

ok I see, since hannes is mostly near he can do the few admin requests, we are
also discussing here, so its not really needed if have write access to the
iem part... (dont wanna mess up the system not reading sourcforge docs
before ;-)))

> Okay, this is part of a bigger question, namely how to do releases for
> the SF projects in the repository in general, as they have quite
> different release cycles. Anyway, making various file releases out of
> subdirectories technically is not a real problem.

Here the general question, maybe I missed sometime,

I want a file-release of a version (tag) off some library I was submitting.
I want to upload some compiled archives, for this version. How should we
handle this here ?

Should I discuss this here or just write some admin to do this ?

Or shouldnt we release external libs in extra packages ?

I think sourceforge says "release often, release early".

mfg winfried