symbol tables (was: Re: [PD-dev] Re: [PD] VASP future)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Mar 26 09:31:32 CET 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:14:01 +0100
Krzysztof Czaja <czaja at chopin.edu.pl> wrote:

> Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > i was thinking about this ... from my point of view, there are 2
>
> sorry for being so dumb, but for me it is still not clear what
> would happen to a $0-symbol when it is sent globally or through
> an outlet?
i don't see this as a problem ... the if a symbol starts with $X and
there is a symbol table for this namespace, it will be put in this
specific symbol table ... but this symbol table can be accessed from
everywhere in the patch ...

still, there is one problem ... what happens, if a symbol is sent
through an outlet, is used somewhere else in the patch and the parent
canvas with the specific $0 symbol table is deleted ... the symbol
pointer would point into nowhere :-( ... will have to think about this

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs