[PD-dev] "scripts" section of CVS

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 29 23:19:59 CEST 2005

The python scripts could fit there but I am not really sure what they
do.  If they are meant for general use, then they would fit there.  If
they are specifically for pixelTANGO, I'd say keep them with
pixelTANGO.

The scripts that I made me think of adding this section are a pd diff
script, a SysV init script (/etc/init.d/pd), and now the MacOS X plist
swapper script.

pdsend/pdreceive scripts seem to fit well there also.

.hc

On Mar 26, 2005, at 6:42 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hmmm,
>
> Would/Could python scripts aimed at PD tasks fit in here?
>
> I'm not sure if I should wrap my python scripts into abstractions or
> not... abstractions would be easier to use, [dirlist] rather than [py
> pt
> dirlist] and the whole special message to py in the first inlet.
>
> I suppose scripts that deal with the pdsend receive format could fit in
> there...
>
> B.
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>> I got no responses to this, but I thought I'd try again since IOhannes
>> was talking about cleaning up the CVS.
>>
>> Any objections?
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>     *From: *Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
>>     *Date: *March 10, 2005 4:35:06 PM EST
>>     *To: *pd-dev <pd-dev at iem.at>
>>     *Subject: [PD-dev] "scripts" section of CVS
>>

>>     I am thinking of starting a "scripts" section of the CVS because I
>>     have written two handy scripts for Pd and there doesn't seem to
>> be a
>>     logical place to put them in CVS. I have a /etc/init.d/pd
>> SysV-style
>>     start/stop script and pd-diff, a rough idea of how to get useful
>>     results from diffing .pd files.
>>
>>     Any objections, ideas, comments?
>>
>>     .hc

>> ______
>>

>>     Man has survived hitherto because he was too ignorant to know how
>>     realize his wishes.
>>     Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or
>> perish.
>>     -William Carlos Williams

>> ______
>>

>> There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
>> -A.J. Muste

____

"Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope."
                                                      -Edsger Dykstra