[PD-dev] ranlib has no symbols on a compilation of flext with OSX

Thomas goepfer Thomas.Goepfer at ircam.fr
Mon Apr 4 16:12:01 CEST 2005

Hi !

I have a little error when I compile flext (flext-0.4.7-pd-osx.tgz) for
macosX:
at the end of the compilation, I have this:
"""....
mv /Users/thomas/Desktop/memoire/flext/installation/lib*.dylib
/usr/local/lib
ranlib /Users/thomas/Desktop/memoire/flext/installation/*.a  # have to
rerun ranlib at install dir ?!
ranlib: file:
/Users/thomas/Desktop/memoire/flext/installation/libflext.a(flthr.o) has
no symbols
"""
(I changed the directory /usr/local/lib/pd/flext to
/Users/thomas/Desktop/memoire/flext/installation because I thought the
problem is a problem of root access)
Why ranlib has no symbols ?
How can I resolve this problem ?

Thanks !