[PD-dev] problem making Pd.app with TclTk-8.4.9

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 8 20:19:34 CEST 2005

So I have built a Pd.app using TclTk 8.4.9, which includes all of
Jamie's super handy graphics fixes.  It works fine if I use pd from the
command line, i.e. the old way.  But whenever I run the Pd.app, I get
this:

--------------------------
hans at sla:mac-stuff > Pd-0.38-4_TclTk-8.4.9.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd
alloc: invalid block: 0xa08fc9c: a 80 0

Abort

It seems to be the Tcl version of a kernel panic.  Any ideas as to how
to troubleshoot this?  Or even better, what this error message means in
particular?  This seems to affect TclTk 8.4.5 thru 8.4.9.  8.4.4 works
fine.

I really want to get the newer TclTk working because it is sooo much
nicer: faster, many bug fixes, looks better.

____

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!