[PD-dev] problem making Pd.app with TclTk-8.4.9

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Apr 8 20:37:20 CEST 2005

On Apr 8, 2005, at 2:19 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> So I have built a Pd.app using TclTk 8.4.9, which includes all of
> Jamie's super handy graphics fixes.  It works fine if I use pd from
> the command line, i.e. the old way.  But whenever I run the Pd.app, I
> get this:
>
> --------------------------
> hans at sla:mac-stuff > Pd-0.38-4_TclTk-8.4.9.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd
> alloc: invalid block: 0xa08fc9c: a 80 0
>
> Abort
> --------------------------
>
> It seems to be the Tcl version of a kernel panic.  Any ideas as to how
> to troubleshoot this?  Or even better, what this error message means
> in particular?  This seems to affect TclTk 8.4.5 thru 8.4.9.  8.4.4
> works fine.
>
> I really want to get the newer TclTk working because it is sooo much
> nicer: faster, many bug fixes, looks better.

...hmm:  I guess the first question is where did you get the tcltk
8.4.9, or did you build it from the 8.4 cvs?  I ask this because I've
had no problems with tot (8.5) or tot (8.4) cvs, but then I haven't
been building apps :-)  So at least we know it isn't a fatal conflict
between 0.38-4 and 8.4.9...

jamie