[PD-dev] Re: problem making Pd.app with TclTk-8.4.9

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 8 21:56:00 CEST 2005

Ok, a minor update:  that error happened when I used the Frameworks
that were installed into /Library/Frameworks inside of the
Pd.app/Contents instead of the Frameworks that come with the
TclTkStandalone Wish\ Shell.app.  This is necessary for building the
Pd.app since the newer standalone .apps no longer include the headers.
When I swap the standalone Frameworks back, the Pd.app starts, but in a
broken form.

When this Pd.app launches, it doesn't have the Prefernces or the Help
menus, and it can't open any windows, either with File->New or
File->Open.  Again, it works fine when its launched from the command,
and therefore call's the Wish Shell.app

.hc

On Apr 8, 2005, at 2:19 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> So I have built a Pd.app using TclTk 8.4.9, which includes all of
> Jamie's super handy graphics fixes.  It works fine if I use pd from
> the command line, i.e. the old way.  But whenever I run the Pd.app, I
> get this:
>
> --------------------------
> hans at sla:mac-stuff > Pd-0.38-4_TclTk-8.4.9.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd
> alloc: invalid block: 0xa08fc9c: a 80 0
>
> Abort
> --------------------------
>
> It seems to be the Tcl version of a kernel panic.  Any ideas as to how
> to troubleshoot this?  Or even better, what this error message means
> in particular?  This seems to affect TclTk 8.4.5 thru 8.4.9.  8.4.4
> works fine.
>
> I really want to get the newer TclTk working because it is sooo much
> nicer: faster, many bug fixes, looks better.
>
> .hc

> _____
>
>                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."

                                                     - Thomas Jefferson