[PD-dev] how to name a mouse pointer coords object

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 26 01:37:29 CEST 2005

So I am writing an object that outputs the coordinates and related
button pressed from the OS' mouse cursor.  I am currently looking for a
name.  I don't want to name it "mouse" anything since the pointer can
be controlled by a tablet, joystick, trackpad, etc. etc.  So I am
thinking of a good name.  Here are some I thought of:

[systempointer]
[systemcursor]
[cursor]

I am thinking that [cursor] might be the best bet since its short and
describes where the data is coming from.  But there might be minor
confusion between the cursor in a piece of text, and the cursor that is
generally represented by an arrow and controlled by a mouse.

Any comments, suggestions, etc.?

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

     - Amy Smith