[PD-dev] Work on "help" menu and help-patch searching spec

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 26 01:27:38 CEST 2005

The spec looks good.  I have a couple of comments.

* The workshops should absolutely tie into the help system.  That is
one of the key ideas of the open source workshops for me: that all of
the materials would be built into Pd and integrated into the Pd help
system.  All the students would need to do to prepare for a workwhop is
install Pd. The references in those workshops/tutorials would lead
directly to the canonical Pd help.

* I think that if we have a search function, then the browse categories
should be as broad as possible, like just "control", "audio", "video"
sounds pretty good to me.  If the categories are too narrow, it makes
it hard to browse just to see what's available.  Also, more categories
means more work to organize everything into those categories.

.hc