abstractions and objects WAS: Re: [PD-dev] [Fwd: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 5]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Apr 27 16:52:14 CEST 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, cyrille wrote:

>> Though I know that "abstractions" is an old, established term in  regards
>> to the Max family of languages, I think that with Pd it is  somewhat
>> misleading.  Ideally there should be no distinction between Pd  objects
>> written in C, C++, python, Tcl, TK, and even Pd itself.
> the difference i see is that the patch i commit in the abstraction folder
> should not be include by default in the -path...
> it's more a place to look at when you want to do something...

Could you please elaborate on that?? I'm really curious as to why the
so-called "abstractions" wouldn't be first-class citizens of the PureData
world.

BTW if you are more comfortable writing it in French, write it in French
and I'll do my best to translate.

  `-o-----------------------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |