[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1190023 ] [select] doesn't always work with symbol selector

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 28 02:03:54 CEST 2005

So maybe my request should be a feature request rather than a bug.

Static typing is available via [select 0] and [select word].  It would
be very handy to have [select] do dynamic typing.

I have worked on a couple programs (serendiPd and atorat, for example)
that require generic message handling in a big way.  The shortcuts like
this [select] one, and the undefined nature of mixed sets of atoms that
start with a symbol, but aren't cast as lists, make generic message
handling quite difficult.

.hc