[PD-dev] pddp style guide

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 29 23:30:26 CEST 2005

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but most of the PDDP patches
are a work in progress.  I have just been joting down notes as I think
of them.  There are a couple good examples.  all_about_hid.pd is a good
example of what I think an "all_about" patch should look like.  But
basically, I have put in little effort into formatting them nicely
because I wanted to define the styles first.

If anyone is interested, it'd be great if we could work together to
create the style guides.  The way I currently see it there are two
kinds of patches "all_about_" which has lots of text and examples, and
the basic help patch, which should be a reference with a link to the
relevant "all_about_" pages.  float-help.pd from PDDP is a decent
example of a reference patch.

As usual, the cross-platform font issue is a bitch.  Ideally, we'd
reduce the Mac OS X font size, so that it'd be closer to the other
platforms.

____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
								-David Zicarelli