[PD-dev] pddp style guide

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon May 2 09:19:13 CEST 2005

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> The idea of an HTML PDDP sounds great. It will require a TclTK browser
> widget in Pd, a pddpserver, and a Pd reference done in Docbook.  None
> of these exist and AFAIK, no one is working on these things.

1. there is no need for a browser widget when using pddpserver:
it is either a widget, or a server, or a mime association (the
most tricky one)

2. pddserver is almost ready, I have a working prototype

3. customizing docbook does not seem too hard (I might be wrong,
though, never tried it...)

However, I think now that writing a helper script and 20-30 hours
of typing should suffice for transferring 100 pages of reference
from .pd to .xml.  So, if you are happy with pd comment editor as
authoring tool, it is not a big deal, anyway.

Krzysztof

for sc fans: openjade outputs rtf, so .xml gives pddp an extra
bonus of being one symlink away from using supercollider as its
help browser...