[PD-dev] Catchier name for the development branch ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon May 2 22:00:17 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> Hi. I'm looking for a catchier name for the development branch.
>> Something  that has not "devel" in the name. Any ideas?
> basically the _name_ is not really important for the development branch
> ... the way it is used is much more important...
> currently it's not the main development branch ...

It depends on what you do call a "main development branch".

If/when work is done on devel_0_38 quicker than Miller can work on the
"HEAD" branch, then who's more main than the other?

> i think before thinking about a name, we should think about the future
> of the development branch...

Ok, what are your concerns vis-à-vis the development branch ?

I ask this because I'm resuming work on ImpureData right now, and
there's not going to be an "impd_0_38" branch. What does it mean to you
and everybody else on the devel branch ?

  ,-o---------o---------o---------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
  `-o--------------o--------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |