[PD-dev] pddp style guide

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed May 4 17:42:27 CEST 2005

Hey there,

I think an introduction needs to be there that is at the bottom level.
I've not looked at much of Miller's book but I get the impression it
compliments and fills in the doc/ "tutorial" examples.

I think the first few steps in PD should assume only the use of a
computer, creating shortcuts, and so on. A real introduction would
involve an installation guide as well. You would be damn suprised how
problematic it is for a new user to add a new -lib flag on windows.
(Marc Lavallee and I actually had a hard time getting it to work
ourselves, having been so long sice we touched it.)

I think documentation should start at the very bottom and build
knowledge and skill slowly. It should be structured so that a user with
more knowledge can jump in at a particular part and still have a good
experience.