[PD-dev] fixed pdtcl prob on 10.4/gcc4.0!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 11 20:34:53 CEST 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 12:25 AM, james tittle wrote:

> hiya,
>
> ...well, poked around on it tonight and fixed the earlier error...I'll
> make a proper diff, but there are a coupla things to note:
>
> 1.  according to the following link, since it's a dynamic library, it
> should be suffixed as such (important at compile time, not so much so
> at runtime):
> http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1101.html
>
> 2.  everyone says not to use libtool directly!
>
> ...so I just changed references to "pdtcl" in the makefile & pd.tk to
> "pdtcl.dylib", and then changed the following in the makefile:
>
> #this is for Max OSX only...
> $(BIN_DIR)/pdtcl.dylib: $(GOBJ) $(GSRC)
>     cd ../obj; gcc -dynamiclib -o $(BIN_DIR)/pdtcl.dylib $(GOBJ) \
>     /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/Current/Tk \
>     /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/Current/Tcl \
>     /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>
> ...also note that it's much better to refer things like above than
> "../../whatever", because that is dependent on whatever dev setup
> order you have (and doesn't work for me and many others)...also, we
> had a laugh about the "Max OSX" typo:  just can't shake yr teacher,
> eh?  ;-)

The "../../Frameworks" path is necessary for building Pd using the
TclTkStandalone Wish.app, unless you have found another way to build
the Pd.app.  If so, that would be awesome.  Please enlighten us.

If not, its easy enough to have autoconf choose between
"/Library/Frameworks" and "../../Frameworks".

.hc