[PD-dev] binary packages for devel on osx

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 25 01:15:43 CEST 2005

On May 23, 2005, at 4:46 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> You'll need to make a much better argument for scons.  It would be
>> hard   to find something more cross-platforms than autotools.  So far,
>> none of   these build problems with pd-devel have to do with Mac OS X.
>>  They have
>> been autotools problems.
> well, the autobuild system works fine on linux ... but getting it to
> run
> on several platforms with several autobuild versions is hell... and
> some
> build systems (e.g. msvc) are not supported at all ...
> in these terms, scons is superior to autobuild ...
>
> anyway ... it seems, there won't be any binary packages for osx soon

There is no need to support multiple autotools versions, just specify
in the README which ones are required.  I believe that you can
(should?) also specific the required version in the configure.in and
Makefile.am.

I have three different versions installed, Fink makes that easy.  Its
also easy on Debian to install multiple versions.

> --
> mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
> http://www.mokabar.tk
>
> latest mp3: kMW.mp3
> http://mattin.org/mp3.html
>
> latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
> http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/
>
> After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space
> would say "I want to see the manager."
> 				      William S. Burroughs

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                     -William Carlos Williams