[PD-dev] motex cvs

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Jun 2 00:02:12 CEST 2005

Hi all,

>there are iem's mp3 player, possibly an ogg player ... and readanysf,
>that iirc has some problems with the recent flext ...

to my knowledge these problems should have vanished (by introduction of
a trivial patch to readanysf~) in the meantime.

>maybe it's just another stupid idea, that will be discussed once and
>never realized (like the marketplace / bounty system), but what about a
>plugin api for pd?
>the readsf/writesf players could be improved (maybe similarly written to
>thomas's sfplay) and an api could be designed that makes it possible to
>support all kinds of audio formats ... mp3, ogg, flac, speex,
>libsndfile, whatever you want ...
>this api could also be used for the soundfiler ...
>
>just a stupid idea to save some work ... but it will only work if
>several developers _cooperate_ which will be the mayor problem :-(

just one note: sfplay is only a two-day sketch of a player that is going
to be embedded into xsample in the future. It is relying on libsndfile
and is working really well for me... i haven't published it on the cvs
because it's not really a project on its own. If there is any need for
it i'll find a way to open-source it. Just let me know.

best greetings,
Thomas