[PD-dev] small font/display change

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jun 9 22:20:43 CEST 2005

I would like to propose a minor font change to make text more readable.
  First, in the console, make the text regular rather than bold.
Usually regular fonts are used in terminal windows and bold is only for
highlights.

-text .printout.text -relief raised -bd 2 -font
-*-courier-bold--normal--12-* \
+text .printout.text -relief raised -bd 2 -font
-*-courier-regular--normal--12-* \

Secondly, courier is not a font meant for reading text, but rather
terminals and things like that.  So I propose changing the default font
in text windows (not used very often) to Times Regular 14 point.

-    text $name.text -relief raised -bd 2 -font
-*-courier-bold--normal--12-* \
+    text $name.text -relief raised -bd 2 -font
-*-times-regular--normal--14-* \

Attached is a diff patch file.  This should work on all platforms since
those fonts are already used within Pd.  Lastly is a Mac OS X only
change:  setting minimun line size for anti-aliasing.  If set to 1 or
0, then every line will be anti-aliased.  While this makes connections
and circles in [bng] and such look really good, it makes boxes and
messages look out of focus.  Setting this to 2 makes it so only the
thick audio rate connections are anti-aliased

+	 set tk::mac::CGAntialiasLimit 2