[PD-dev] external failure OS X

steve symons steve at muio.org
Tue Jun 14 12:37:59 CEST 2005

Hi
Th have written an external that calls a framework.  This basically
contains a Struct (called muioObjRef) with a number of sub classes.

Other wrappers to this framework are fine, but PD dies as soon as I
load a patch that calls the external.  Is there something obvious that
I am overlooking?

so having the line

muioObjRef muio;

is fine (where muioObjRef is defined within the framework).  But then
if I add the following in the constructor for the external

muio = init_muio();

Where init_muio() returns either null or a completed muioObjRef
depending on successful initialisation.  PD dies without a even a
whimper when I call the external.

Any ideas are welcome!

Steve