[PD-dev] compiling pd-devel & pd 0.38-4 noise on startup

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Jun 24 14:27:38 CEST 2005

Thanks again Tim,

> hi ben,
>
>> Seems PD (g_array.c) expects to find sin() in math.h but it seems on
>> my debian sarge /usr/include/math.h does not define sin(). I'm not
>> sure where it is defined...

> this is most likely a problem of the wrong version of automake ... the
> horrible versioning of the autobuild tools is one of the main reasons
> for the scons build system ... it that works, use this ...

Ok, I tried scons (in the right directory for PD this time. ;)
So scons can't find tcl/tk, though it is certainly installed (and Miller's
pd found it fine) so I upgraded to automake 1.8. devel still fails on the
same old sin() definition.

tcl headers are in /usr/include/tcl8.4/ should I make symlinks to
/usr/include ?

I suppose this is where debian puts the tcl headers now... I guess it
would be worth it to update the scons build to test here? If its easy let
me know how to change this myself, thought I don't see anything about
headers in the SConstruct.

Thanks Tim, back to gem-cvs. (at least I have two problems I can solve so
that when one gets stuck I can mess with the other.