[PD-dev] Re: garray_update

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 1 20:09:27 CEST 2005

Hi Tim,

Well, forking the source wasn't my idea... I knew it would cause trouble.

In general, the question of scheduling graphics updates is hard, especially
now that (arrays can contain (lists that contain (arrays of scalars))), etc.
Having "garrays" separate from the "real" data structure mechanism was
always a temporary measure, and now I'm glad it's gone.  But what this
means is that now we need a more general way of updating changes to data.
If I can think of a good one I'll get it into 0.39 (it's prety high on
the dolist at the moment...)

cheers
Miller