[PD-dev] devel_0_38 probs on osx 10.4.1

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 20:35:43 CEST 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 11:59 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> There should then be a README that clearly states which versions of
>> the   autotools are needed.  They vary greatly.  Usually, it seems
>> that it is   easiest for all involved if everyone uses specific
>> versions.
>>
> as soon as i have the scons build system working on osx, i'll
> change the
> readme file ...

...maybe we should get the configure/make system working first?  I
just tried again and get a weird error in the configure process:

checking for fftwf_plan_dft_r2c_1d in -lfftw3f... no
./configure: line 6565: test: ==: unary operator expected
configure: creating ./config.status

...this section of the configure file is the last line of the following:

if test `uname -s` == Darwin; then
   DARWIN_TRUE=
   DARWIN_FALSE='#'
else
   DARWIN_TRUE='#'
   DARWIN_FALSE=
fi

if test `uname -s` == Darwin;
then
         case $LIBOBJS in
     "s_midi_pm.$ac_objext"   | \
   *" s_midi_pm.$ac_objext"   | \
     "s_midi_pm.$ac_objext "* | \
   *" s_midi_pm.$ac_objext "* ) ;;
   *) LIBOBJS="$LIBOBJS s_midi_pm.$ac_objext" ;;
esac

     case $LIBOBJS in
     "s_audio_pa.$ac_objext"   | \
   *" s_audio_pa.$ac_objext"   | \
     "s_audio_pa.$ac_objext "* | \
   *" s_audio_pa.$ac_objext "* ) ;;
   *) LIBOBJS="$LIBOBJS s_audio_pa.$ac_objext" ;;
esac

         cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define USEAPI_PORTAUDIO 1
_ACEOF

     cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define PA_BIG_ENDIAN 1
_ACEOF

     cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define MACOSX 1
_ACEOF

     cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define UNISTD 1
_ACEOF

...obviously I haven't figured out where the spurious '==' is:  maybe
in _ACEOF macro?  Also, with an eye toward the future, darwin will
not always signify "#define PA_BIG_ENDIAN 1" ;-)

thanx,
jamie