[PD-dev] HID names, numbers and tables

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sat Jul 9 16:35:33 CEST 2005

hello all,

Am Samstag 09 Juli 2005 16:24 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
[...snip...]

> As for less parsing, one of these days, I'll get around to making the
> OS-specific versions of [hid] which will just dump the data straight
> out from the OS without any cross-platform concerns.  That might help
> with the sensor setups.
>
> .hc

yes, but only the parsing inside the hid object ....
inside the os, it is still parsed. for continous controllers that might not be
a big problem, but when it comes to single bits, as for buttons and led's,
things become more complicated, and thus cpu-intensive.

for modern computers that is no problem at all, but we should think about
small, portable devices (like a pda) also.

maybe there is a way to grab the data packets from hid devices _before_ they
get parsed by the os? but then, using libusb seems the better way.... and
that is available for linux, os-x and windows so far ....

greets,

chris