[PD-dev] compiling pd_devel_0.38 on sarge

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Jul 11 09:37:22 CEST 2005

> Well I did a little digging. for some reason (I'm not sure what I
> changed) the autoconf build for devel 0_38 works now. Using this PD
> compiles fine, but will not load any of my externals. (Do externals
> have to be compiled against devel to work in devel, meaning I need a
> mirror of all externals compiled for devel?
no ... externals compiled against stable will work with devel ...
externals compiled against devel might work with stable (they won't if
they implement günter's tool tips, the idle callbacks or simd functions
... afaik the only externals doing that are mine and flext-based)

i head rumors that externals won't load, if stable and devel are both
running on the same machine ... in that case a make / scons install
should do it ...

> I think this is the reason everything but the scons build is working
> for me. I still can't explain why scons does not see tk.h in
> include/tcl8.4/ though it seems Miller's ./configure script doesn't
> even try to look for it, only searching for tcl.h and then main() in
> -ltk:
well, this might be a workaround ...

> Thanks again Tim for all your patience.
thanks for _your_ patience ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs