[PD-dev] compiling pd_devel_0.38 on sarge

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Jul 11 16:04:14 CEST 2005

Hmmm....

Any solutions if I want to run both? I'm currently using the debian
package of PD (38-4) thanks to Guenter, so installing the devel version
will mess up my packages, unless I uninstall the pd package and
recompile from source, and then use both from their non-search-path
binaries?

I'm about to throw out a bunch of compiling work to use more PD
packages, so its unlikely I'm going to blow away miller's PD (packaged)
for devel.

Since this is clearly not intensional anything I could contribute to to
help debugging the fact that devel is not loading externals? I did
checkout the whole pd/ module, not just pd/src for one. I've not even
yet looked at -verbose output...

I've been doing everything from pd/ and not pd/src so I'll try a third
time to compile, but I have a feeling devel will still not load
externals, even if only because I have Miller's installed in /usr/bin/pd  .

B.