[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1060511 ] patch for native alsa sequencer midi support

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 11 19:07:13 CEST 2005

and miller wrote:
> Comment By: Miller Puckette (millerpuckette)
> Date: 2005-05-18 06:45
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=313747
>
> I didn't look closely, but I think to do this right would
> require
> actually giving a run-time choice between ALSA and OSS MIDI
> systems.  A big job.

i admit that i have done a dirty job by finally making the choice
ALSA-midi vs OSS-midi a run-time switch, but at least it is done.
i haven't done excessive testing on OSS, but i guess it should work
fine. (at least it worked with virtual OSS-emulation devices under alsa)

what remains to be done:
probably (LATER ;-)) make all MIDI-APIs switchable at runtime, just like
in "audio", not just OSS vs ALSA.
however, i didn't dare to do so, as i can currently compile only on linux.

i would appreciate testing very much, as i really hope that this will go
into the main branch of pd.

the patch (i attach it, since it seems sf has some problems in the last
days) is against pd-0.38-4, and quite some files are involved; i hope it
will apply cleanly against pd-0.39testX.

ah yes, and i used steves bug-fixes for the alsa-midi implementation.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes