[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1060511 ] patch for native alsa sequencer midi support

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Jul 11 23:45:12 CEST 2005

> what remains to be done:
> probably (LATER ;-)) make all MIDI-APIs switchable at runtime, just
> like  in "audio", not just OSS vs ALSA.
> however, i didn't dare to do so, as i can currently compile only on
> linux.
well, i'm not sure, if we have to switch midi apis on other osses ...
afaik portmidi works fine on osx and mmio works fine on windoze ...

> i would appreciate testing very much, as i really hope that this will
> go  into the main branch of pd.
it works fine for me ... beside the fact that the button called "use
multiple alsa devices" in the oss midi menu is a bit confusing ;-)

> the patch (i attach it, since it seems sf has some problems in the
> last  days) is against pd-0.38-4, and quite some files are involved; i
> hope it  will apply cleanly against pd-0.39testX.
it was easy to merge it into devel_0_39 ... beside the mentioned fact of
the extended pdtk_pd_startup

thanks a lot for your work!

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs