[PD-dev] which cvs of portaudio are we using?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Jul 12 20:45:48 CEST 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> ...just updated and ran scons, and things seem to be improving, but
>> we have a problem here:
>>
> just for the archive ... fixed in cvs ...

...fixed, but just to the next bug :-\  Luckily I know a bit more
about it:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_simd_runtime_check
_copyvec_simd
_testcopyvec_simd
_zerovec_simd
_setvec_simd
_copyvec_simd_unalignedsrc
_testaddvec_simd
_sched_setscheduler
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

...at first this didn't make much sense, but then I noticed src/
m_simd_ve_gcc.c used __ALTIVEC__ in an ifdef, but nowhere was -
maltivec to be found!  None of the simd stuff was being comipled, so
I added this to src/SConscript:

if not pdenv['nosimd']:
     if pdenv['PLATFORM'] != 'darwin':
         flags += " -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -msse -msse2"
     else:
         flags += " -maltivec"

...but now we've got all kinds of altivec probs (at least on
10.4.1)...I'll keep poking away!  BTW, this'll have to be changed to
a __BIGENDIAN__ instead of darwin check when the mactels actually
appear...

jamie