[PD-dev] need help: libflext and readanysf flat namespace problems on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

Nick Mariette nickm at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Jul 14 05:28:40 CEST 2005

hello,

Can anybody help me with the following problems with the readanysf~
Pd externals in Mac OSX Tiger?

When Pd attempts to load readyanysf library built in a previous
version of OSX, Pd crashes, with the following crash report:

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: __ZN5SndIO12ErrorMessageEv
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libflext.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

I since downloaded and rebuilt the latest flext 5.0, but Pd still
crashes on attempting to load readanysf~, however now I get the
following error:

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: __ZN16flext_dsp_shared8m_enableEb
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/readanysf~.pd_darwin
   Expected in: flat namespace

I  have not been able to successfully rebuild readanysf~ yet.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Nick