[PD-dev] proposal: postdsp callbacks

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 17 00:35:43 CEST 2005

Hi Tim,

Here's another idea I'm thinking about that might be useful in this
situation... I'm thinking of having a version of switch~, which never
runs DSP except when you 'bang' it.  This way, a block of DSP analysis
or anything else could be included within a message; in fact, several of
them could, and they could be interspersed with other message processing.

My own interest in doing this is that it would allow using tilde objects
to treat video. I'd make special tilde objects to read lines out of a
pdp buffer and write them back in; then just insert any DSP chain into a
pdp chain and make computer music with the pixels...

cheers
Miller