[PD-dev] Re:[PD] More Flext compilation problems

Guenter Geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Jul 17 16:30:34 CEST 2005

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > It wouldn't be a problem to change the debian package to include these
> > headers, but pd itself doesn't install them.
> right ... in theory no external developer should use these headers, but
> what does grep -r g_canvas.h /path/to/pd/externals tell you?
> in fact, you can't build a lot of externals without these headers ...
> but on the other hand, no one has to use cyclone, flext, iemlib, toxy,
> yves externals or your gui externals ... ;-)

So whats the point that you want to make with that ?
I understand Miller that he doesn't want to export this file, because the
whole point on Pd is that this should be handled differently. I didn't
know that when I started using g_canvas.h, others followed to do so and
so I feel responsible for having started this (and, in fact having delayed
in some way the acceptance of the data structures).

> > Then, there is a debian package for flext, so why not use this and
> > solve the compilation problem together (againandagainandagainandagain)
> well, there are people out there, who would like to make use of the
> features in devel like having a threadsafe gui or lockfree thread
> synchronisation using idle callbacks ...

there surely are, in this case the missing g_canvas.h is a problem of the
devel version ?

Guenter