[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1060511 ] patch for native alsa sequencer midi support

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 18 13:56:48 CEST 2005

SourceForge.net wrote:

>>Comment By: Miller Puckette (millerpuckette)
>
> Date: 2005-07-16 15:18
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=313747
>
> Hmm, I can't find Guenter's fix... did it really get uploaded?

yes it got.
unfortunately i think i have deleted it when replacing it with another
"improved and bug-fixed" version.

attached is a patch against the current CVS-HEAD.

this does 3 things:
a) (hopefully) fix the crash when there is no alsa-midi support (in
sys_alsa_close_midi())
b) check whether the user requests more ports than MAXMIDI{IN,OUT}DEV:
this should fix the bug reported by "we are" on the pd-list
c) renamed "Channels" to "Ports" in the dialog, so people, who want 16
MIDI-channels are not tempted to request 16 MIDI-ports.

probably günter can check, whether "a)" does all it should.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes