[PD-dev] proposed new "list" object

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 21 20:30:38 CEST 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > Also, about indexing, pretty much any list (or array) indexing I've seen
> > starts at 0, including [tabread] and excluding A_DOLLAR and A_DOLLSYM.
> Yes, please make indexing, slicing, first-ing and last-ing start with
> zero. (It's my major gripe about the iem-matrix objects, that they
> start indexing rows and cols at 1 ...)

Funny, me, it's my major gripe with mathematicians =)

Btw, did I last that jMax's [listelement] and [libsublist] also start
indexing at 0 ? And GF mimicks that behaviour.

,-o--------o--------o--------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
`-o------------o-------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |