[PD-dev] proposed new "list" object

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 21 21:13:35 CEST 2005

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>>Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>
>>Yes, please make indexing, slicing, first-ing and last-ing start with
>>zero. (It's my major gripe about the iem-matrix objects, that they
>>start indexing rows and cols at 1 ...)
>
> Funny, me, it's my major gripe with mathematicians =)

well, just to defend myself (not that there would be a real need, but
seeing half of zexy's objects vanish within [list] is both a pleasure
and a pain, so i feel like i must say at least *some*thing), the
original (and BIG) idea of iemmatrix is to be a kind of "matlab/octave
for pd"; this explains the naming of the objects and the 1-based indexing.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes