[PD-dev] proposed new "list" object

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jul 23 22:30:28 CEST 2005

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Miller Puckette wrote:
>

>>To avoid cluttering up the namespace I want to use just the one name,
>>"list", and use the first argument to differentiate between functions
>>(an idea inspired by Krzysztof's xeq object).  Here are the functions I
>>imagine:
>

> Since there are currently no core Pd objects that use the [obj action]
> syntax, I think we should try to avoid introducing it for a number of
> reasons.  For example, I think these functions would work fine as

i totally agree with hc, that suddenly introducing the [obj action]
syntax might be very confusing.
i'd rather not have it and prefer some other way (like obj_action).

additionally i would prefer the core pd objects to _not_ have their
action settable via messages (like changing [obj action1] to [obj
action2]): this would make everything far more unreadable (although you
could probably do things in less "lines" of code)

just my 4¢

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes