[PD-dev] First attempt at "list" object uploaded

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jul 25 18:24:58 CEST 2005

On Jul 25, 2005, at 11:27 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> and since there are some parallels between message-$-args and
>> object-$-args, having a "$@" would also mean that you could have
>> argument-lists of arbitrary length in abstractions in abstractions.
>> [l $1 $2 $3 $4 $5] is not the same as [l $@].
>
> Now *THAT* would be mighty cool. I'm quite fond of IEM's [dollarg]
> already.

Yes, this would be really good.  It would be nice to have that
flexibility.  It would make it much easier to build more complicated
objects in Pd.

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."

          - Thomas Jefferson