[PD-dev] pdp, 3dp crashing problems

we are gateswideopen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:43:25 CEST 2005

hi crew
i've been running pd in various different versions lately (dev_38,
dev_39, official 39test-4 and official 38). i used to used pdp quite a
lot and had very few problems with it. then, a system crash and i had
to start all over.
now pdp crashes quite a lot. everytime i close a 3dp window the entire
thing seg faults. and after a while of pidip useage, the whole thing
freezes and the gui becomes useless.

i am running debian(demudi) with mostly binary packages,pdp 12.4, but
not every thing. also xorg and the meltimedia LSM i686 smp kernel that
comes with demudi.

i am currently suspecting that it may have something to do with the
real-time priorities that are been used. in the past i have found
similar symptoms when running pdp, gem and 3dp with -rt.....so this
time i am running it with -nrt....alas this is making no difference at
all.
also, i had similar problems running pdp, gem, 3dp with audio and midi
so now i run with -noaudio and -nomidi...alas this makes no difference
at all. when i close pd it says "closing audio", "closing midi"...i
also have the ability to test audio despite this flag?
does this mean audio is running or not.

at the moment i am stumpt. i really want to get my lovely pdp, 3dp
patches back on the stage but something is stopping me :(

regards